Block HTTP traffic:

danillo F.
Hello people, okay?
I am wanting to block HTTP and HTTPS traffic, only allowing navigation "proxy".
I went to Firewall> Outgoing firewall:

And I disabled the following rules:

RED GREEN TCP/80 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTP
RED GREEN TCP/443 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTPS

However still continued getting surf, have some other option?

att

danillo

Re: Block HTTP traffic:

Davide Cottignoli
Sure you need to block these protocols and set navigation to proxy port
at client side, if proxy is set to not transparerent.
Davide.

Nella citazione in data Mon Dec 23 01:31:22 2013, danillo F. ha scritto:

> Hello people, okay?
> I am wanting to block HTTP and HTTPS traffic, only allowing navigation
> "proxy".
> I went to Firewall> Outgoing firewall:
>
> And I disabled the following rules:
>
> RED GREEN TCP/80 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTP
> RED GREEN TCP/443 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTPS
>
> However still continued getting surf, have some other option?
>
> att
>
> danillo

Re: Block HTTP traffic:

danillo F.
I did that, but just disabling the rules is still possible to navigate, even without setting the proxy in navigated.

att

danillo

> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:33:40 +0100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:
>
> Sure you need to block these protocols and set navigation to proxy port
> at client side, if proxy is set to not transparerent.
> Davide.
>

> Nella citazione in data Mon Dec 23 01:31:22 2013, danillo F. ha scritto:
> > Hello people, okay?
> > I am wanting to block HTTP and HTTPS traffic, only allowing navigation
> > "proxy".
> > I went to Firewall> Outgoing firewall:
> >
> > And I disabled the following rules:
> >
> > RED GREEN TCP/80 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTP
> > RED GREEN TCP/443 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTPS
> >
> > However still continued getting surf, have some other option?
> >
> > att
> >
> > danillo

> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Block HTTP traffic:

Matt Hayes
Set the proxy to be transparent... no need to remove any rules.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM, danillo F. <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did that, but just disabling the rules is still possible to navigate, even without setting the proxy in navigated.

att

danillo

> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:33:40 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:

> Sure you need to block these protocols and set navigation to proxy port
> at client side, if proxy is set to not transparerent.
> Davide.
>

> Nella citazione in data Mon Dec 23 01:31:22 2013, danillo F. ha scritto:
> > Hello people, okay?
> > I am wanting to block HTTP and HTTPS traffic, only allowing navigation
> > "proxy".
> > I went to Firewall> Outgoing firewall:
> >
> > And I disabled the following rules:
> >
> > RED GREEN TCP/80 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTP
> > RED GREEN TCP/443 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTPS
> >
> > However still continued getting surf, have some other option?
> >
> > att
> >
> > danillo

> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Block HTTP traffic:

danillo F.
But I do not want to use transparent proxy, want to allow only navigation using proxy.

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:07:14 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:

Set the proxy to be transparent... no need to remove any rules.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM, danillo F. <[hidden email]> wrote:
I did that, but just disabling the rules is still possible to navigate, even without setting the proxy in navigated.

att

danillo

> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:33:40 +0100
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:

> Sure you need to block these protocols and set navigation to proxy port
> at client side, if proxy is set to not transparerent.
> Davide.
>

> Nella citazione in data Mon Dec 23 01:31:22 2013, danillo F. ha scritto:
> > Hello people, okay?
> > I am wanting to block HTTP and HTTPS traffic, only allowing navigation
> > "proxy".
> > I went to Firewall> Outgoing firewall:
> >
> > And I disabled the following rules:
> >
> > RED GREEN TCP/80 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTP
> > RED GREEN TCP/443 ALLOW with IPS allow HTTPS
> >
> > However still continued getting surf, have some other option?
> >
> > att
> >
> > danillo

> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro! http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Block HTTP traffic:

Davide Cottignoli
Should you post a detailed config?

On 23/12/2013 15:45, danillo F. wrote:

> [...]
>     Most IT
>     > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application
>     performance
>     > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
>     into your
>     > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
>     AppDynamics Pro!
>     >
>     http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
>     > Efw-user mailing list
>     > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/efw-user

>     Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
>     organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
>     affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
>     into your
>     Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of

I did the default installation endian, do not set any rules, only those that come by default.
The Endian is configured in "gateway" mode and the stations that set the IP endian as "default gateway".
With the default settings of the Endian all stations can browse normally, I would like to disable this option, only releasing the navigation proxy.

att

> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:23:14 +0100

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:
>
> Should you post a detailed config?
>
> On 23/12/2013 15:45, danillo F. wrote:
> > But I do not want to use transparent proxy, want to allow only
> > navigation using proxy.

> > Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:07:14 -0500
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:
> >
> > Set the proxy to be transparent... no need to remove any rules.
> >

> > On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM, danillo F. <[hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
> >
> > I did that, but just disabling the rules is still possible to
> > navigate, even without setting the proxy in navigated.
> >
> > att
> >
> > danillo
> >
> > > Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:33:40 +0100
> > > From: [hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > > To: [hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>
> > > Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:
> >

> > > Sure you need to block these protocols and set navigation to proxy
> > port
> > > at client side, if proxy is set to not transparerent.
> > > Davide.
> > >

> > > Nella citazione in data Mon Dec 23 01:31:22 2013, danillo F. ha
> > navigation

> > Most IT
> > performance
> > into your
> > AppDynamics Pro!
> > > >
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> > > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business.
> > Most IT
> > > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application
> > performance
> > > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
> > into your
> > > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
> > AppDynamics Pro!
> > >
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
> > into your
> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
> > AppDynamics Pro!
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

Re: Block HTTP traffic:

Davide Cottignoli
It seems that your network is open to one subnet. In gateway mode, with
only (I guess because such few info) a network card, you need to block
traffic from clients to the gateway and gateway accepts only traffic
from Endian because (I guess) there is only one subnet.
Your clients can connect to the gateway and surf the Internet because
Endian forward all traffic to the green network and your gateway is
(probably) in this zone.

Davide.

Il 24/12/13 00:19, danillo F. ha scritto:

> I did the default installation endian, do not set any rules, only those
> that come by default.
> The Endian is configured in "gateway" mode and the stations that set the
> IP endian as "default gateway".
> With the default settings of the Endian all stations can browse
> normally, I would like to disable this option, only releasing the
> navigation proxy.
>
> att
>

>> Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 22:23:14 +0100
>> From: [hidden email]
>> To: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:
>>
>> Should you post a detailed config?
>>
>> On 23/12/2013 15:45, danillo F. wrote:
>> > But I do not want to use transparent proxy, want to allow only
>> > navigation using proxy.

>> > Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:07:14 -0500
>> > From: [hidden email]
>> > To: [hidden email]
>> > Subject: Re: [Efw-user] Block HTTP traffic:
>> >
>> > Set the proxy to be transparent... no need to remove any rules.
>> >

>> > On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 5:57 AM, danillo F. <[hidden email]
>> > <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>> >
>> > I did that, but just disabling the rules is still possible to
>> > navigate, even without setting the proxy in navigated.
>> >
>> > att
>> >
>> > danillo

>> > <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> > <mailto:[hidden email]>

>> > port

>> > navigation

>> > Most IT
>> > performance
>> > into your
>> > AppDynamics Pro!

>> > Most IT
>> > performance
>> > into your
>> > AppDynamics Pro!

>> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
>> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
>> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
>> > into your
>> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
>> > AppDynamics Pro!

>> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
>> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
>> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
> into your
>> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
> AppDynamics Pro!

>> Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
>> organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
>> affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into
> your
>> Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
> AppDynamics Pro!

Re: Block HTTP traffic:

Matt Hayes
What do you mean by the 'navigation proxy'?  That's the confusing party.

You either use the proxy or you don't.  You have a few ways to do this.  one is to configure the proxy as transparent so that it filters all HTTP traffic or you turn it on and point specifically to it.  But, I've never heard of someone wanting to use an HTTP proxy but block HTTP proxy.  If you want to block HTTP, don't use the proxy.  Turn it off and utilize the outbound firewall rules to block outbound port 80.

By default the outbound firewall allows for outbound port 80.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2013 at 6:19 PM, danillo F. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> > AppDynamics Pro!
> > >
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility
> > into your
> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of
> > AppDynamics Pro!
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk

> > Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
> > organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
> > affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
> > Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!

Well let me try to be more objective.

I want to block all http and https traffic and only allow them to use the internet using proxy, I leave the proxy and non-transparent.

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 23:39:24 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 23:39:24 -0500