Compilation how to or pcmcia how to

Aldo Gigantesco
I need to use a laptop as appliance.
I installed the last release in the laptop and everything went ok apart for an error showed
 (jobsengine[3015] .... No module named uplinksdaemon.uplink .... no module named smtpscan ...)
that, however, did not interrupted the installation itself.

However the problem is that in the laptop one ethernet is embedded and the other is on a PCMCIA. The latter is not discovered and therefore doesn't come up.
I have seen that in the file modprobe.conf is written
alias pcmcia yenta_socket

but there is no yenta module.

So I dowloaded the sources but i found no "step by step" instruction on how to complile the sources (in order to introduce the pcmcia support).

Or can you suggest a speedier way to use the pcmcia.

Of course when I start the web interface I cannot set the IP address of the red interface and therefore cannot complete the setting.

Can you help me.
Thanks in advance
Aldo

RES: Compilation how to or pcmcia how to

Nelson (Hotmail)

Hello,

Maybe one idea is to use USB network card. Recently I used USB network card in a PC and it worked perfectly.. Endian Firewall 2.5.1.

Abraços

Nelson Apolinario Filho...

Celular: (11) 7283-1557

Nextel: (11) 7891-0547 – Radio: 9*54553

Atenção: Antes de imprimir pense em sua responsabilidade e compromisso com o MEIO AMBIENTE.

Re: RES: Compilation how to or pcmcia how to

Raff
Hi,

Could you tell me which brand and model USB network card you used.
I'm using 2.5.1 and am having trouble with my USB network card, it shows as UNKNOWN, it works but it keeps resetting the firewall frequently. (4-5 times a day).

Thanks

Raff

Nelson (Hotmail) wrote