Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Matt Hayes
So,

This has been asked quite a bit and now I'm curious.

IS this project dead?  Should I start looking for something else at this time to accommodate my needs?

Thank you,

-Matt

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Davide Cottignoli
The project is not dead but for the second part of your mind, I think
you're right.

Davide.

Il 14/10/14 17:01, Matt Hayes ha scritto:

> So,
>
> This has been asked quite a bit and now I'm curious.
>
> IS this project dead?  Should I start looking for something else at this
> time to accommodate my needs?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Matt

> Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Matt Hayes
I hate to look at doing that, looking for something new.  The Endian Software does everything I need it to do and it is quite easy to configure and deploy.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Davide Cottignoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The project is not dead but for the second part of your mind, I think
you're right.

Davide.

Il 14/10/14 17:01, Matt Hayes ha scritto:
> So,
>
> This has been asked quite a bit and now I'm curious.
>
> IS this project dead?  Should I start looking for something else at this
> time to accommodate my needs?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Matt

> Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

ANIS El Achèche-2
Hey!

As we start a such discussion, let's talk about alternatives..

We ca nuse pFsense, ClearOS, Zentyal... what else??

What would you use ??

El Achèche ANIS
An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator
Official Ubuntu Member  | Member @CLibre.tn | Junior SysAdmin @ApptivIT
[hidden email] | # whoami
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Matt Hayes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hate to look at doing that, looking for something new.  The Endian Software does everything I need it to do and it is quite easy to configure and deploy.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Davide Cottignoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The project is not dead but for the second part of your mind, I think
you're right.

Davide.

Il 14/10/14 17:01, Matt Hayes ha scritto:
> So,
>
> This has been asked quite a bit and now I'm curious.
>
> IS this project dead?  Should I start looking for something else at this
> time to accommodate my needs?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Matt

> Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Matt Hayes
I haven't really tried any other alternatives lately, but I'm always looking for something that has the same features as Endian or more.

If it doesn't meet the criteria that Endian provides, I ignore it.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:58 PM, ANIS El Achèche <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey!

As we start a such discussion, let's talk about alternatives..

We ca nuse pFsense, ClearOS, Zentyal... what else??

What would you use ??

El Achèche ANIS
An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator
Official Ubuntu Member  | Member @CLibre.tn | Junior SysAdmin @ApptivIT
[hidden email] | # whoami
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Matt Hayes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hate to look at doing that, looking for something new.  The Endian Software does everything I need it to do and it is quite easy to configure and deploy.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Davide Cottignoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The project is not dead but for the second part of your mind, I think
you're right.

Davide.

Il 14/10/14 17:01, Matt Hayes ha scritto:
> So,
>
> This has been asked quite a bit and now I'm curious.
>
> IS this project dead?  Should I start looking for something else at this
> time to accommodate my needs?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Matt

> Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Herbert Appel

e.g. Cyberoam !?

Herbert
Am 14.10.2014 um 18:58 schrieb ANIS El Achèche <[hidden email]>:

Hey!

As we start a such discussion, let's talk about alternatives..

We ca nuse pFsense, ClearOS, Zentyal... what else??

What would you use ??

El Achèche ANIS
An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator
Official Ubuntu Member  | Member @CLibre.tn | Junior SysAdmin @ApptivIT
[hidden email] | # whoami
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Matt Hayes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hate to look at doing that, looking for something new.  The Endian Software does everything I need it to do and it is quite easy to configure and deploy.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Davide Cottignoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The project is not dead but for the second part of your mind, I think
you're right.

Davide.

Il 14/10/14 17:01, Matt Hayes ha scritto:
> So,
>
> This has been asked quite a bit and now I'm curious.
>
> IS this project dead?  Should I start looking for something else at this
> time to accommodate my needs?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Matt

> Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Davide Cottignoli
I use pFsense because I need C.P.

Il 14/10/14 18:58, ANIS El Achèche ha scritto:
> Hey!
>
> As we start a such discussion, let's talk about alternatives..
>
> We ca nuse pFsense, ClearOS, Zentyal... what else??
>
> What would you use ??

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

JohanL
Ipfire.org. Seems to be the new "Endian".

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Johan Ljunggren
+46 70 585 29 44

14 okt 2014 kl. 19:31 skrev Herbert Appel <[hidden email]>:

Hi,

e.g. Cyberoam !?

Herbert
Am 14.10.2014 um 18:58 schrieb ANIS El Achèche <[hidden email]>:

Hey!

As we start a such discussion, let's talk about alternatives..

We ca nuse pFsense, ClearOS, Zentyal... what else??

What would you use ??

El Achèche ANIS
An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator
Official Ubuntu Member  | Member @CLibre.tn | Junior SysAdmin @ApptivIT
[hidden email] | # whoami
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 5:54 PM, Matt Hayes <[hidden email]> wrote:
I hate to look at doing that, looking for something new.  The Endian Software does everything I need it to do and it is quite easy to configure and deploy.

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Davide Cottignoli <[hidden email]> wrote:
The project is not dead but for the second part of your mind, I think
you're right.

Davide.

Il 14/10/14 17:01, Matt Hayes ha scritto:
> So,
>
> This has been asked quite a bit and now I'm curious.
>
> IS this project dead?  Should I start looking for something else at this
> time to accommodate my needs?
>
> Thank you,
>
> -Matt

> Monitor 10 servers for $9/Month.
> http://p.sf.net/sfu/Zoho

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Herbert Appel
Hi,

first you should think about if you
want to have something to work with or
something to tinker (or to perform handicraft work)

Herb

Am 14.10.2014 um 19:57 schrieb Johan Ljunggren <[hidden email]>:

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Melcon Moraes
I'm inclined to test ClearOS.

IPFire seems nice too, but a little bit far from Endian easy-to-use interface.

I believe that with both of them you can tinker a bit for custom stuff.

@David Cottignoli, what is C.P. ?

-
MM

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Herbert Appel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

first you should think about if you
want to have something to work with or
something to tinker (or to perform handicraft work)

Herb

Am 14.10.2014 um 19:57 schrieb Johan Ljunggren <[hidden email]>:

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Kevin Tollison

The Ubiquiti EdgeRouter is also a nice choice. While not completely open source. You can buy a 1 million PPS 3 port unit for less than $100 (USD)

@melcon CP is Captive Portal

On Oct 15, 2014 6:58 AM, "Melcon Moraes" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm inclined to test ClearOS.

IPFire seems nice too, but a little bit far from Endian easy-to-use interface.

I believe that with both of them you can tinker a bit for custom stuff.

@David Cottignoli, what is C.P. ?

-
MM

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Herbert Appel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

first you should think about if you
want to have something to work with or
something to tinker (or to perform handicraft work)

Herb

Am 14.10.2014 um 19:57 schrieb Johan Ljunggren <[hidden email]>:

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

JohanL
Bit IPFire GUI is a "copy" of the Endian GUI. Same installation procedure, but better. And the web gui is also the same but more evolved.

My first impression was that they mus have taken the Endian source and continued work where Endian left.

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Johan Ljunggren
+46 70 585 29 44

15 okt 2014 kl. 12:58 skrev Melcon Moraes <[hidden email]>:

I'm inclined to test ClearOS.

IPFire seems nice too, but a little bit far from Endian easy-to-use interface.

I believe that with both of them you can tinker a bit for custom stuff.

@David Cottignoli, what is C.P. ?

-
MM

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM, Herbert Appel <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

first you should think about if you
want to have something to work with or
something to tinker (or to perform handicraft work)

Herb

Am 14.10.2014 um 19:57 schrieb Johan Ljunggren <[hidden email]>:

Med vänliga hälsningar,

Re: Endian Firewall Community - Is it dead/dying?

Terence Oort
Hi

If the sources are the same, can the settings for Endian be restored onto IPfire?
Without reconfiguring the whole system.

Warmest Regards
Terence Oort               * Your IT Provider *              Cell: 074 796 0763

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Johan Ljunggren <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

TI GAB Engenharia
Hi guys, im testing the pfsense, ipfire, brazilfw, zentyal, clearos. And i think pfsense is the best choice, because it have so many functionality and if you have doubts you could visit the active community forum.

https://www.pfsense.org/
https://forum.pfsense.org/

sorry for my poor english!!!
Hope help someone.