High availability for web server

Juan Pablo Botero
Hi.

We are a restaurant and have a web server with a system information to reservations.
I need to configure a second server with the same system as high availability.

So, i want to know is that possible with endian?, i am thinking in work with DNS registry to the same subdomain and get the high availability.

Is possible this scenario?, or endian has this possibility?

thanks.

--
Cordialmente:
Juan Pablo Botero

Re: High availability for web server

Bill Pye
Hi

High availability is not available for the open source version of EFW, you can see the comparison here: http://www.endian.com/community/comparison/

If you want a completely open source Firewall that has HA then take a look at OPNsense here: https://opnsense.org/ - the High Availability  CARP (Captive Portal) would be the feature you're looking for.

Re: High availability for web server

phoenix-17
Hi again

I've just noticed that I missed something from my previous post to the list. In the brackets where I mentioned the Captive Portal I meant to add that as well as the High Availability you might want to look at that as you're a business. If you have any questions you'll find the OPNsense forums quite helpful and friendly. :)

Regards

Bill