Remote logging from Endian

Santhosh Kumar Gulla
Dear All,

Can any one guide me how to log the logs in a remote syslog server. I
have ticked the remote logging option in endian firewall and given a IP
w.x.y.z, but it is not logging into that machine. The remote machine is
running debian lenny with rsyslog installed in it.

Can any one guide me how to configure the remote logging machine as well.

Is there any other syslog server which supports endian remote logging.
Please list them.

With Regards
--
Santy

Re: Remote logging from Endian

Davide Cottignoli
Check the outgoing firewall in endian and put on a rule that allow UDP
port 514 (syslog) to the destination IP of your syslog server.

Davide.

Santhosh Kumar Gulla ha scritto:

> Dear All,
>
> Can any one guide me how to log the logs in a remote syslog server. I
> have ticked the remote logging option in endian firewall and given a IP
> w.x.y.z, but it is not logging into that machine. The remote machine is
> running debian lenny with rsyslog installed in it.
>
> Can any one guide me how to configure the remote logging machine as well.
>
> Is there any other syslog server which supports endian remote logging.
> Please list them.
>

> With Regards

Re: Remote logging from Endian

Davide Cottignoli
Check the outgoing firewall in endian and put on a rule that allow UDP port 514 (syslog) to the destination IP of your syslog server.

Davide.

<quote author="Santhosh Kumar Gulla">

Santy

Re: Remote logging from Endian

amtz83
Hi there!!!  I´m using endian firewall release 2.5.1 and I´ve a splunk, the problem is that endian don´t send anything to splunk, I configured a specific rule for this and web interface on secction "logs" but the splunk don´t receive anything. I tried restarting the service, checking syslog-nd.conf file and the port that I use is 514.
Splunk receive logs from any server.

Can someone helpme !!!!!!!!