Server swap

jerry.miu
The server I had my endian install had failed. Luckily I had an identical server handy so I swapped out the drives and network cards to the spare server and got it up and running.

But now the green and orange network cards cannot connect to the respective networks, and the Mac address for the green nic shows all zeros.

Is there a way I can reset the network cards via the shell?

Thanks in advance.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

Re: Server swap

Andres Gonzalez-3
Take a look at: /var/efw/ethernet

There it's all the NICs configuration

HTH.

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 4:58 AM, jerry.miu <[hidden email]> wrote:
The server I had my endian install had failed. Luckily I had an identical server handy so I swapped out the drives and network cards to the spare server and got it up and running.

But now the green and orange network cards cannot connect to the respective networks, and the Mac address for the green nic shows all zeros.

Is there a way I can reset the network cards via the shell?

Thanks in advance.

>From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.

AGD

Re: Server swap

Davy Jonckheere

Check this out:

http://www.surf-it.be/blogs/endian-firewall-backup-restore-different-hardware-eth-fails

Met vriendelijke groet,

Davy Jonckheere

Winkelverantwoordelijke JFK Veurne b.v.b.a - Filiaal Veurne

Re: Server swap

Emiliano Tortorella
Hi!

I've never tested what Davy just said, but it would be very useful, let me know if it fix your problem.

I'm going to tell you what I do when I need to migrate to another hardware:
  1. I get on the console and identify the network cards with mii-tool connecting to them an ethernet cable. With this I can know for example that eth5 is the one that used to be the green interface.
  2. Check in /var/efw/ethernet/settings witch brX correspond to each zone, typically br0 correspond to the Green interface for example.
  3. Edit /var/efw/ethernet/brX to set the correct network card. Using the same example in /var/efw/ethernet/br0 write eth5
  4. Reboot

Regards!

Emiliano Tortorella | ipWorkers Servicio Técnico

www.ipworkers.com | Río Negro 1380 Of.1206 | Montevideo | Uruguay
Tel: (+598) 2902-9843 | Cel: (+598) 91493769
El 31/07/13 09:39, Davy Jonckheere escribió:

Check this out:

http://www.surf-it.be/blogs/endian-firewall-backup-restore-different-hardware-eth-fails

Met vriendelijke groet,

Davy Jonckheere

Winkelverantwoordelijke JFK Veurne b.v.b.a - Filiaal Veurne

Re: Server swap

jerry.miu
Thank you all for your help and tips.

I was able to get the Green interface's MAC address back by deleting the businfotab file.

I tried to edit the brX files in /var/efw/ethernet/ but unfortunately my spare server's array controller gave out. The original server's problem was that a CPU fan had died.

These servers are the old Compaq Proliant DL360's I got from my company when they were going to recycle them.

I have my machines connected to the Internet with a spare router I have hanging around. I guess it's time for new hardware and a fresh EFW install.

Thank you all again for the help!