Upgrade from 252 stable to 3.0 bleeding edge

Upgrade from 252 stable to 3.0 bleeding edge

Stéphane Parenton-2
Hi everyone,

I'm using a 2.5.2 community efw, and i would like to go for a 3.0 upgrade. When i'm running my efw-uprade, it doesn't ask me anything. it just says "no interesting upgrades available".

Is there a file where i can change things from stable to bleeding ?

regards
--
Stephane Parenton
Information Services

ARTURIA
30 chemin du vieux chene
38240 Meylan - France
Tel: +33 438 020 555
Fax: +33 438 020 525

http://www.arturia.com

Re: Upgrade from 252 stable to 3.0 bleeding edge

Stéphane Parenton-2
Le 13/03/2014 11:49, Stéphane Parenton a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I'm using a 2.5.2 community efw, and i would like to go for a 3.0 upgrade. When i'm running my efw-uprade, it doesn't ask me anything. it just says "no interesting upgrades available".

Is there a file where i can change things from stable to bleeding ?
Hi Again,

Terribly sorry for the noise,

I've search a little more, and found that a "efw-upgrade -s" was all i needed...

regards
--
Stephane Parenton
Information Services

ARTURIA
30 chemin du vieux chene
38240 Meylan - France
Tel: +33 438 020 555
Fax: +33 438 020 525

http://www.arturia.com

Re: Upgrade from 252 stable to 3.0 bleeding edge

Lorenzo Milesi-2
> I've search a little more, and found that a "efw-upgrade -s" was all i
> needed...

did it work fine?
is it usable?

thanks
--
Lorenzo Milesi - [hidden email]

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
Via Carlo Torri Tarelli 19 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 6070 222

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.

Le 13/03/2014 17:14, Lorenzo Milesi a écrit :
I've search a little more, and found that a "efw-upgrade -s" was all i
needed...
did it work fine?
is it usable?

Hi Lorenzo,

So far, here's what i can tell :

The downtime was very short, and this is very important (the time for the firewall to reboot)
The upgrade ran smoothly, no problem during the upgrade, so this was very comfortable
It's usable. I've done a backup when in 2.5.2, but don't know if it's usable in 3.0
Every service is ok, except the VPN... *BUT* we've had some problem with the VPN and i can't tell that the connection problem are there because of the 3.0 migration or because there was already some troubles in the 2.5.2. the VPN has worked in 2.5.2, so it's something that should be unrelated to the 3.0 upgrade... but as i haven't solved it yet, i cannot say more about it.

Some GUI details have been changed, but no revolution though, so no problem i can say it's ok for the 3.0 upgrade

--
Stephane Parenton
Information Services

ARTURIA
30 chemin du vieux chene
38240 Meylan - France
Tel: +33 438 020 555
Fax: +33 438 020 525

http://www.arturia.com

Re: Upgrade from 252 stable to 3.0 bleeding edge

Alexandru Gheorghe