endian firewall + SIP

luis felipe picó herrero
Hello,

I am new with endian firewall and I have a doubt regarding its operation with SIP. I am using Asterisk as proxy server behind the firewall and I have made portforwarding of the corresponding SIP and RTP ports. However I do not know if I should disable the endian SIP proxy feature or not? What do you think?

Thank you very much in advance!

Re: endian firewall + SIP

Matt Hayes
If you are forwarding the ports, the proxy is pretty much moot.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM, luis felipe picó herrero <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am new with endian firewall and I have a doubt regarding its operation with SIP. I am using Asterisk as proxy server behind the firewall and I have made portforwarding of the corresponding SIP and RTP ports. However I do not know if I should disable the endian SIP proxy feature or not? What do you think?

Thank you very much in advance!

Re: endian firewall + SIP

Kevin Murphy-10
I use the combination of asterisk and endian firewall in many customer sites without any issues, so it does work.  Forgot the SIP proxy feature in endian, never needed it or used it - in fact if you use the latest version 2.5.1 it has been removed.  Just make sure that you port forward the SIP and RTP ports as you say but also asterisk needs to know it is behind a NAT firewall - I presume that is what you have setup, so set NAT to yes and put your wan ip address in the asterisk config files, then all should work fine.  Also, be careful opening asterisk to unrestricted internet access - too many hackers targetting it and if you get hacked, you end are running up huge phone bills.
Kevin

Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 16:31:35 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Efw-user] endian firewall + SIP

If you are forwarding the ports, the proxy is pretty much moot.

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:51 PM, luis felipe picó herrero <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I am new with endian firewall and I have a doubt regarding its operation with SIP. I am using Asterisk as proxy server behind the firewall and I have made portforwarding of the corresponding SIP and RTP ports. However I do not know if I should disable the endian SIP proxy feature or not? What do you think?

Thank you very much in advance!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Keep yourself connected to Go Parallel: VERIFY Test and improve your parallel project with help from experts and peers. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net

Re: endian firewall + SIP

luis felipe picó herrero
Thank you very much for answering so fast!

I will disable it and see if it works better.

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:12:22 +0000

I use the combination of asterisk and endian firewall in many customer sites without any issues, so it does work.  Forgot the SIP proxy feature in endian, never needed it or used it - in fact if you use the latest version 2.5.1 it has been removed.  Just make sure that you port forward the SIP and RTP ports as you say but also asterisk needs to know it is behind a NAT firewall - I presume that is what you have setup, so set NAT to yes and put your wan ip address in the asterisk config files, then all should work fine.  Also, be careful opening asterisk to unrestricted internet access - too many hackers targetting it and if you get hacked, you end are running up huge phone bills.
Kevin

Re: endian firewall + SIP

Hiren Mistry-3
Hi Luis Felipe,

As this SIP features with the endian firewall, it will work as a SIP based any features of IVR. It is just SIP proxy so wherever you have configured you IVR system uou have to just configure its prot configuration and other require parameters in endian. If you configured proper details it will automatically work as incoming proxy for your IVR.

Regards,
Hiren Mistry

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:12:22 +0000

I use the combination of asterisk and endian firewall in many customer sites without any issues, so it does work.  Forgot the SIP proxy feature in endian, never needed it or used it - in fact if you use the latest version 2.5.1 it has been removed.  Just make sure that you port forward the SIP and RTP ports as you say but also asterisk needs to know it is behind a NAT firewall - I presume that is what you have setup, so set NAT to yes and put your wan ip address in the asterisk config files, then all should work fine.  Also, be careful opening asterisk to unrestricted internet access - too many hackers targetting it and if you get hacked, you end are running up huge phone bills.
Kevin

Re: endian firewall + Wireshark

luis felipe picó herrero
Hello,

I would like to know if anybody knows how to install Wireshark on Endian 2.3. I want to run it on the shell but I have not been able.

Thank you very much in advance!

Re: endian firewall + Wireshark

luis felipe picó herrero
Ok! Thank you very much.

Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 08:17:35 -0500
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]
Subject: Re: [Efw-user] endian firewall + Wireshark

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Everyone hates slow websites. So do we. Make your web apps faster with AppDynamics Download AppDynamics Lite for free today: http://p.sf.net/sfu/appdyn_d2d_feb