soekris and endian 3.0

Nenhum_de_Nos
Hail,

does anyone has a success case with this two ?

I am new to endian, I come from FreeBSD background (I am a former Linux
user), and I want to test it on my net-6501. I read on the internet that
I can try grub2. But I have no idea on how to do it. Besides, any other
way will do. I just need to run it from USB disk.

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you Cygnus,
The God of balance you shall be

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Re: soekris and endian 3.0

ANIS El Achèche-2
Hey!

If I understand your problem, you need to install Endian on that hardware??!

Why don't try to put the ISO on an USB via Unetbootin for example.. Or maybe via PXE.. As I can see in the Soekris website it uses an Atom CPU so you'll have no problem during the installation..

El Achèche ANIS
An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator
Official Ubuntu Member  | Member @CLibre.tn | Junior SysAdmin @ApptivIT
[hidden email] | # whoami
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Nenhum_de_Nos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hail,

does anyone has a success case with this two ?

I am new to endian, I come from FreeBSD background (I am a former Linux
user), and I want to test it on my net-6501. I read on the internet that
I can try grub2. But I have no idea on how to do it. Besides, any other
way will do. I just need to run it from USB disk.

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you Cygnus,
The God of balance you shall be

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Official Ubuntu Member  | Junior SysAdmin @ApptivIT
[hidden email] | # whoami
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 2:44 AM, Nenhum_de_Nos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hail,

does anyone has a success case with this two ?

I am new to endian, I come from FreeBSD background (I am a former Linux
user), and I want to test it on my net-6501. I read on the internet that
I can try grub2. But I have no idea on how to do it. Besides, any other
way will do. I just need to run it from USB disk.

thanks,

matheus

--
We will call you Cygnus,
The God of balance you shall be

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

Re: soekris and endian 3.0

Nenhum_de_Nos

I got it installed, but it hangs when booting on soekris. Installing it is not the issue, although is not that simple either.

Thanks,

On July 5, 2014 7:26:35 AM GMT-03:00, "ANIS El Achèche" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."

Re: soekris and endian 3.0

ANIS El Achèche-2
Hey again!

The Endian Firewall Community 3.0 is on Bleeding Edge.. That's mean that it's  not stable yet.. If am not wrong I tryed it once and got a problem too..

Why don't try the stable version (2.5.2)..

El Achèche ANIS
An Ubuntu-tn Member & Events Team Coordinator
Official Ubuntu Member  | Member @CLibre.tn | Junior SysAdmin @ApptivIT
[hidden email] | # whoami
"I am what I am because of who we all are" - The Ubuntu Philosophy

On Sat, Jul 5, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Nenhum_de_Nos <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

[...]

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

--
"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."

Re: soekris and endian 3.0

Nenhum_de_Nos

We had features issues using 2.5.x. So my co-worker said to give 3.0 a try.

I got it running (first boot so far) on former desktop. the soekris is still not ok :(

thanks,

On 2014-07-05 23:14, ANIS El Achèche wrote:

Hey again!

[...]

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

--
"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."

We will call you Cygnus, The God of balance you shall be A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

Re: soekris and endian 3.0

Nenhum_de_Nos

On 2014-07-05 23:14, ANIS El Achèche wrote:

Hey again!

The Endian Firewall Community 3.0 is on Bleeding Edge.. That's mean that it's  not stable yet.. If am not wrong I tryed it once and got a problem too..

Why don't try the stable version (2.5.2)..

Tried 2.5.2 anyway. same result. how can I change the bootloader ?

thanks,

matheus

[...]

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

http://p.sf.net/sfu/Bonitasoft

--
"We will call you Cygnus,
the God of balance you shall be."

We will call you Cygnus, The God of balance you shall be A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style

Re: soekris and endian 3.0

ANIS El Achèche-2
Hey again,

Didn't get any GRUB problems on my EFW before, but I know that EFW is based on CentOS, so I believe that you can use the CentOS documentations to try re-installing GRUB  → http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ReinstallGRUB

Can you please tell us the default software installed on net6501 (just curiosity).. And why you choose to install EFW not something else like pfSense??

On 2014-07-09 20:31, ANIS El Achèche wrote:

Hey again,

Didn't get any GRUB problems on my EFW before, but I know that EFW is based on CentOS, so I believe that you can use the CentOS documentations to try re-installing GRUB  → http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/ReinstallGRUB

Ok. I read on mailing lists that grub prior to 2 doesn't like soekris' bios. Therefore I asked.

Can you please tell us the default software installed on net6501 (just curiosity).. And why you choose to install EFW not something else like pfSense??

sure. Two reasons. Learn another firewall solution and to use it on work. It may be a good pick for a problem on my work.